Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Whole Bunch of Amazingness...


Oh my goodness, oh my goodness! Do I have things to tell you! Let's start with our amazing ward activity on Saturday night. We had a murder mystery dinner, set in a speakeasy in the 1920s. I was a gangster and Karlie was a flapper. I owned a brewery (shocking, I know) and I sold my liquor to her...it was pretty much amazing. We had a blast dressing up and playing the part...

Everyone thought that I was the killer, which was kinda fun to play up, even though it didn't end up being me. We're thinking that we're just going to keep the same costumes for Halloween next week...I mean come on, how often does a girl get the chance to wear a leopard print fedora? Exactly my point. :)

Sunday Karlie and I headed down to Pleasant Grove for Max's birthday dinner. Going home is always fun, but this weekend was especially great because not only were we celebrating Max's 14th birthday (can you believe that? 14! Wow, that makes me old...) but my dad got a new job! He's working as a paralegal at a small law office in downtown Pleasant Grove and he loves it. So there was all sorts of excitingness going on at the Mecham house.

To make the week even better, I got my test scores back for the midterms I took just before break... And for the most part it was good news....except for one class. Just so you all know, I'm not infallible, I received my first ever D+ this week. That's right, there's no typo there. But fortunately I don't have to worry about getting a bad grade in the class because I got an A on a paper in the same class and extra credit is my new best friend. :)

To end this insanely long post, I'm going to tell you all really quickly about the opportunity that Karlie and I had to clean the Salt Lake temple last night. Our ward had a cleaning assignment from 9:45 to 12...at night. We both decided to suck it up and go, figuring that at the very least we'd be happy to do some service. Well, I'm here to tell you that the Lord blesses us in ways that we never could have imagined. Not only was it neat to be able to serve in the temple and see rooms that I've never seen before, our sweet temple worker (who was from the Dominican Republic and spoke Spanish to me!) took us downstairs, underneath the temple. I was able to see and touch some of the original floor plans of the Salt Lake temple. How sweet is that?! I loved it!

Well, thanks to all who actually read this whole post...I know it was long. I hope that everyone else has all kinds of amazingness going on as well!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad you had fun! There is no way Max is 14. I simply can't accept it. Does he still have insanely long eyelashes?

aubrie said...

How cool is that? Sounds like things are going SO well for you, and that makes me happy. Max is 14? Holy! They grow up fast!

Related Posts with Thumbnails