Wednesday, April 9, 2008

You wouldn't understand, it's a dance thing...

So I love dance. It's been a long time since I danced, I mean really danced. By really danced I mean, it's been a long time since I got up really early in the morning, while it's still cold, put on sweats over a leotard and tights, showed up at the studio, where the air has the special smell to it that only really early Saturday dance classes can have. The smell of rosin, sweat, and freezing mornings. There's just something special about the dedication it takes to dance. It's something that's difficult to explain to someone that doesn't have an obsession like that. I remember being 15 and coming home from class on a Friday night, just overjoyed at the thought that the next morning I would get to go back to class. I would sometimes walk down the hall at school, bouncing to the beats that only I could hear in my head, counting really quietly under my breath so that only I could hear. I realize that it's kinda dorky to admit all of this, but I honestly don't care. I'm a dance nerd and darn proud of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I miss dancing so much. This entry was beautiful.

Mal Mecham said...

Thanks Whit. It's nice to have someone understand. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails