Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thoughts?

This is one of my favorite quotes by Elder Talmage... thoughts from all of you?
It is well to know that prayer is not compounded of words, words that may fail to express what one desires to day, words that so often cloak inconsistencies, words that may have no deeper source then the physical organs of speech, words that may be spoken to impress mortal ears. The dumb may pray and that too with the eloquence that prevails in heaven. Prayer is made up of heart throbs, and righteous yearnings of the soul, of supplication based on the realization of need, of contrition and pure desire.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I've never heard that before, but I LOVE that! I think I'm going to frame that somewhere.

Annette said...

Thanks for posting that quote. It is exactly what I needed :)

Kim said...

I agree with Annette. This is something I definitely need reminding about. It seems like my truest and most sincere prayers are when I need something. What a horrible way to go through life. Thanks for the post, Mal! I'll be making some changes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails