Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Macey's-Less Exsistance...

Okay, so I'm the blogging slacker of all time. I know it's true. I won't deny it. You see the problem has been that Macey's is taking over my life. It's true. I spend more time thinking about, worrying about and being at my job then I do anything else. So I've made a very big decision. It's monumental...Life changing if you will. I am separating myself from Macey's. As of Thursday July 31, 2008 I will no longer be an employee if Mr. Macey (just for all of you who don't know, there really isn't a Mr. Macey, it's just kind of a Macey's joke. I didn't want anyone to be lost). It all happened in such an odd way. I was sitting in the break room at my beloved Macey's one day when I received an interesting phone call. The girl on the other end introduced herself as Chantelle, and she worked for the apartment complex that I would be moving into in the fall. I asked if there was a problem with my application or my contract or something. I was kind of freaked out because this was the second complex that I was supposedly going to live in this fall, the second because the first had sold my contract without telling me. She laughed and told me not to worry that everything was fine and she had called to offer me a job. Since I was sitting in the break room with about a gagillion people, I figured that this wasn't exactly the most ideal place for this discussion. Once I'd extracted myself from the break room, I got a little more info. The girl who was managing Roman Gardens (where I was moving into) was getting married in the middle of August and they needed to find her replacement. Chantelle and I had talked about my contract over the phone a couple of weeks before and she had been impressed with how happy and bubbly I was (who knew that would finally pay off) and asked if I wanted to come and interview for the spot. So, to make a long story short, I did and now I have a real college job. I've never worked somewhere that I had set hours (2-6 on week days and 10-1 on Saturdays), didn't work more then 7 hours a day and that I could do my homework when it was slow at work. I am so excited!! The best part is (are you ready for this? I think we need a drum roll....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!) they pay my rent, utilities, and communications fees PLUS they pay me for the time I spend in the office. It's less an hour then Macey's, BUT since they pay my rent I don't have to worry about it! Isn't that amazing?! I think so. So here's a so long, farewell, aufwieterzan (like I really know how to spell that, and if you do, don't tell me, I like to be creative) GOODBYE to Macey's and it's life taking over abilities! Hello to my sweet new job!

11 comments:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

that is such a sweet setup girly!

Kim said...

Mallie-

That's awesome! Congratulations! You are going to love free rent. We will still need to have lunch every now and then even though your moving further south.

Amy said...

Hallelujah! I'm so happy for you. And by the way, I'd want you to manage my apartment because you're happy and bubbly. :) That ALWAYS pays off. And how flattering that they only met you briefly and already knew they loved you - yes, you are just that cool. :)

macbezz said...

That's an fantastic job! Congratulations!

erin and todd said...

Congrats! It sounds like a great college job--and free rent is always a plus! In answer to your question: we actually moved into Aubrie's old apartment in PG. Crazy huh!

jmemay said...

Woo Hoo! I always dreamed of a set-up like that. Roman Gardens, huh?? No more Brownstone? ;)

Malinda said...

Holy Moly Congratulations! Talk about happy endings!

Tasha said...

OK, correction, THERE IS A MR MACEY. And It is totally unfair that you get to leave, and I'm stuck here in the pit of everything with out you!

Ashley said...

That's awesome-congrats! Sounds like a sweet deal, paying your rent and all. Now you can save up your pennies and come to texas to visit us!

Annette said...

Congratulations on your new-found freedom Mal! As of today, you are a free woman! I always knew that you're bubbly personality would come in handy. That is so great that they pay for your rent! Jealous...Good luck with your new job! :)

Annette said...

oops.."your" Lunch is coming, I can't quite think straight.

Related Posts with Thumbnails