Friday, July 4, 2008

When there's only me...

Okay, so I've been lame with the postings...I know it's true. I've been working a whole lot (and I'm not using that as an excuse, it really is true, as anyone who has regular contact with me will testify to you...I should just put a bed in the break room at Macey's, it would be better on gas then driving home each night for a couple hours of sleep before I go back), partly because I'm now a work dork and I don't really have too much of a life anymore. Most of my friends work at Macey's, which is great but it makes my life even more Macey's centered. And then there's the whole subject of boys. I know that all those sweet ladies mean well:
Sweet Ladies: "Oh dear, you've been home a little while now, are you dating anyone?" (this is where they always do that eye brow wiggle..like they're expecting you to say something slight scandalous...)
Me: "No, not really. I'm working a lot so that I can pay for school in the fall."
Sweet Ladies: "That's such a shame, you're so cute!"
Me: (slightly red faced) "Oh well thanks..."
How do you explain to someone why no one wants to date you? How do you explain that in your life, things seem to stop in that netherworld where there's something going on and it's enough to think about and and to kinda hold on to, but not enough to talk to anyone about? How do you explain that it's usually the odd creepy guys that just stare at you or insult you while trying to compliment you that ask you out, not the kind that you would actually go out with? Or how do you explain that you're really okay with how things are going in your life right now and that you're still adjusting to the whole being home from a mission thing? I've thought of a few things to say...but either they're too mean or they don't make too much sense...I'm sure there will be most posts dealing with this subject the longer I'm home and unmarried...tune in next time...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh, Mal! People ALWAYS say awkward, weird things when they're trying to say something nice (example: the sweet ladies are trying to tell you you're cute, and end up making you feel like you should be dating already, OR when my father-in-law told me that I hadn't gained THAT much weight...). It happens. Plus, how are you supposed to find someone to date when you're either in nursery or busy working? Don't worry. Not your fault.

jmemay said...

Yay! You're alive! I have been watching your blog eagerly, seeing as how I am now in the outer darkness of Ogden, I don't have the luxury of running into you at your fabulous job :) And "josh and kim" is right... people don't always communicate their true thoughts accurately. Life will be different when you get back in school, which I am so excited for you to do, by the way :) Love You!

macbezz said...

I'm glad that there's at least one other person in pretty much the same boat as me. Though I wouldn't wish it on anyone. When it gets really weird is when it looks like all of your siblings are going to be married, except you. Even the one that's 6 years younger. But keep on going and smiling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails