Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Scienceifcity Of It All...

Lately I've been thinking about quirks and the different things that make everyone unique. This all started because at work I have a candy dish that sits on my desk. As the kids who live in my complex walk by they take a treat and if i don't have a treat they complain and ask me where they are. Usually I have Laffy Taffy, not my choice. I get the candy from the main office once a week or so. My little secret is that I LOVE banana Laffy Taffy. Every time I get a new jar of them from Chantell I go through and pick all the the banana out before I put them in the dish. I then save the jar under my desk for when I need a treat. No one has noticed that all the banana are gone and I'm happy with my little sweetness under the desk. This is just one of my many idiosyncrasies. I also can't go to bed unless I wash my feet. I hate when people touch my face and all of my clothes are color coordinated in my closet. If someone asks me a question and I don't know the answer I make up the most absurd answer possible and say it to them with a totally straight face. I hate it when the highlighters get mixed in with my pens in my backpack, they have their own spot. Also, I only like to use yellow highlighters when reading my text books, every other color that I own if for note taking because I HAVE to write and highlight the date at the top of each new page of notes. My bed has to have at least two pillows on it, one feather and one regular one and I have to sleep with the feather one on top.When people send me one letter or one word texts, I delete them because I think they take up too much space and are worthless. My books are organized by height and then genre on my bookshelf. I realize that by sharing all of these things over the Internet I'm putting myself up to be mocked. But you know what? I'm really really good at being mocked, I've had a life time of practice, so why stop now? :)

7 comments:

aubrie said...

Yay, I'm glad you blogged today, it made my day! I'm with you on the banana laffy taffy, too, just so you know...if I come and visit you can I get one from your stash? You're my favorite! Come and play soon, ok?

Unknown said...

This made me laugh. I love you!

Kim said...

I love those things! Especially the absurd answer thing. It's just the fun things that make you Mallie!

Annette said...

You know Mal, I'm surprised. I didn't know you washed your feet before going to bed each night. How long have you been doing that? I think that your other quirks are fun though. I too hide my favorite candy so Jeremy and Cambrie don't get to it first.

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

I think the silly things in life give us character, and that is what makes you so great. You've also made me crave banana laffy taffy...mmmm.

Malinda said...

I now know why I love you! This was awesome! OCD..is a sickness that we all have! In the end, it's the little things that made me love living with you!

Beau, Amanda, Gracie, and Evie said...

well what can i say you are right we do have our own little things that make us us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails