Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Midterms...Also known as the week from h-e-double hocky sticks...

Side note: Being the awful person that I am, I frequently use the word hell, but didn't know if it would be appropriate to use in the title of a blog post. I was channeling my inner TAMN.

Honestly! What a week that has been had. My lovely midterms (and the term lovely is used with extreme sarcasm) week came on the heels of a fabulous General Conference weekend. Sadly, I was jerked back to reality early Monday morning by massive amounts of reading. Not all of it was bad, there just seemed to be endless quantities of text begging for me to read it...Or to be completely honest, my professors all decided that this was the week to give the 60 page reading assignments and book reports. Not all bad, but all time consuming. Reading is one of those things that it's hard to do while multitasking. I mean, don't get me wrong, as a self proclaimed bookworm, I can walk and read, make my bed and read and even fold my laundry and read. But it's hard for me to write a paper for my American Religions class while reading about the Salem Witch Trials for my Colonial America class. And unfortunately, I have as yet not perfected my chosen superpower of photographic memory so I have to actually spend the time to carefully read my assigned sections. All of this bookwormyness did not unfortunately mean that I was necessarily studying for the actual tests that were to populate my week. But as of today I am over half-way done and I'm still alive! I might have developed carpal tunnel in my right hand from two extensive essay tests, though. Keep your eyes pealed for further developments on this front. I'm really pleased with how things seem to have gone so far. I'm not taking too much credit for it though. At the risk of being a sap, I prayed extremely hard to do well and I've been blessed so far. Anyway, to celebrate my survival thus far, I rewarded myself with a chocolate chip cookie before my next study session, which I'm off to now. I'll let you all know if I survive the rest of the week...

2 comments:

Amy said...

:) I don't miss that. But yay for rocking your midterms! You rock.

Taylor said...

Good Luck, Keep up the good work. I miss school. Chocolate Chip Cookie breaks are a must

Related Posts with Thumbnails