Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Why I wish I was in a Jane Austen novel and not my life...
10: The heroines in those movies get to wear adorable dresses. Granted I wouldn't like the whole dress thing ALL the time, but if I got to wear one of these I might...
9. Those girls always seem to be reading. Or playing the piano. Or painting. Or sewing. All things that I really love to do, but don't have time. Or can't do.
8. In every book someone goes to Bath. Or London. Hello, can I come too?!
7. There's always someone wandering around in the massive gardens of a huge house on a cloudy day.
6. Everyone hangs out with their sisters all the time. I rarely get to see my sisters and I'm jealous. I'll admit it.
5. They're always rescued by amazing looking men on horseback. My fear of horses aside, this is pretty darn cool.
4. The main characters always get to give incredible speeches. Here's one of my favorites:
"Mama, the more I know of the world the more am I convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can
truly love. I require so much!"
""I might as well inquire," replied she, "why with so evident a desire of offending and insulting me, you chose to tell me that you liked me against your will, against your reason, and even against your character? Was not this some excuse for incivility, if I was uncivil? But I have other provocations. You know I have. Had not my feelings decided against you— had they been indifferent, or had they even been favourable, do you think that any consideration would tempt me to accept the man who has been the means of ruining, perhaps for ever, the happiness of a most beloved sister?"
3. The stinkin' amazing shawls they always get to carry around. How cute are they?!
2. They get to drink tea. I love tea, but rarely have time to make it for myself. And these girls have time set aside every day for them to just sit down, hang out and drink tea. Lucky.
and my number one reason that I was I was in a Jane Austen novel...
1. "After a little trouble they have all that they desire."