Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A few things I'll never understand Part 3... (ie the University of Utah edition)

*That when I got out of my car this morning on campus, the girl that got out of the car next to me was wearing a mini skirt...in the snow. Granted she was wearing tights, but still! I looked like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow Man reincarnated and she looked like a super model. At least I was warm.

*That leads me to my next point. SNOW. In October. Don't get me wrong. I adore snow. I pray for it. But at least let me enjoy fall before you start to slush up the road and freeze me out. I need time to gear up for it.

*How when I'm taking notes in class and I'm not sure of the spelling, I sometimes expect a little red line to appear underneath the word, signifying that it's been spelled incorrectly. I blame this on being a product of the computer age.

*Why anyone would actually CHOOSE to smoke outside (I don't get why anyone would choose to smoke, inside or out either). I know it's the law and everything, but it's about 32 degrees outside. That cannot be pleasurable.

*Those annoying people who walk around campus and hand you stupid flyers about things like naked acapella (true story, I saw a flyer for it on Harvard campus when I was in high school) or a protest against vegans (that one I made up). No one really wants them. Don't waste your time out in the cold.

*Why afore mentioned people needed to be in the library yesterday, insisting on handing me stupid little cards about making $15 an hour when you know full well that there's a catch.

*In continuing with this particular part of my rant, I don't understand why the library floor on the 3rd story of the library must be made out of polished marble. As you well know, when polished marble is wet, it's slickery. This combined with my desire to get away from the annoying card handing out people and my no traction shoes lead me to slip and fall in front of the entire library. As a result, I have a bruise on my left knee the size of an orange. It's gross.

And last but not least,
*Why the boys that are currently studying anatomy behind me can't keep their voices down while attempting to memorize that parts of the prostate. I'm not even joking.

5 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

You make my day. Really...prostate?

Mal Mecham said...

Really!!! I'm not even exaggerating.

Malinda said...

Oh my I miss you!

Liz said...

this made me laugh. you are such a gem.

Jessica and Reece said...

Oh the debate trip to Harvard. Remember the girl at the hotel with the "F" pants? Good times.

Related Posts with Thumbnails