Saturday, October 31, 2009

A Series of (Un)Fortunate Events...

As the title implies this weekend has been full of events. Some of them pleasant, some very unpleasant (read: car accidents, flat tires and ear infections). But at the end of it all, I've learned some pretty incredible things, one of which is that the Lord watches over all of us very carefully. Let me explain. I've been really concerned about money because I haven't been working much lately. Not because I don't want to, but because there just hasn't been much work to split between the three of us girls who work at the Stadium and the other two girls tend to hog hours. A LOT of the hours. Anyway, on Friday my boss called me into her office and told me that she needed to 'talk' to me. She had one of those ominous tones... The kind where you kinda feel like you might get fired if you're not careful. Holding my breath as I walked into her office, she told me to sit down. Then she proceeded to explain that one of the receptionists that I work with was being moved to another department and would I like to take her spot as the regular receptionist? Let me tell you, I could have easily been knocked over with a feather. So the Miracle of the Promotion was the first of a mix events that were to come to pass over the weekend.

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of days in Provo with my lovely friends. First I went to see my dear Aubrie. I love the time I get to spend with her. She always makes me feel better about my life by reminding me how wonderful she thinks I am and I look up to her in more ways than she could even imagine. Right after that, I made my way over to Roman Gardens to see Jalayne and Shelisa. I miss these girls more than life it's self. And they love me so much they took me to Sammy's right away. I've been dreaming of Sammy's fries for the last 4 months and that craving was more than satisfied. So the Miracle of the Fries came to pass. But see now we start into the part where the events become unfortunate, because Jalayne and I decided that we needed to go to the store and on the way there we kinda sorta ended up getting into a car accident. I wasn't driving, but poor Jalayne was...and her sad crumpled week old car is now sitting in front of her aunt's house waiting to be fixed. So that was the Unfortunate Event of the Accident. Between our next two events there's some partying, red lipstick, dancing and fake eyelashes (pictures to come, Liz). So anyway, this morning darling Shelisa woke Jalayne and I up by telling us that she had an ear infection, so off to Insta Care we went. First we couldn't find the one in Provo so we drove to Lindon and then they sent us back to Provo, amidst the Unfortunate Event of the Ear Infection come the Unfortunate Event of the Flat Tire, see because while we were driving into the parking lot at Insta Care there was a very loud clunking noise and Jalayne and I looked at each other and said, "Um, I think we have a flat tire." Sure enough the tire was flat as a pancake. But see here's the amazing part. My daddy, wonderful man that he is, was working at the law library in Provo and what's a daddy to do, but drive over and save his stranded daughter? So he does. And not only does he change my tire, but my wonderful daddy pays for two new front tires for my car (but along with that came the lecture about not letting my tires go bald and something about blowing out tires on the freeway...) So that is the Miracle of the New Tires.

I know this is forever long, but sometimes miracles and unfortunate events take some time to explain.

2 comments:

aubrie said...

...and sometimes miracles and Unfortunate Events go hand in hand. I think it's so we appreciate the miracles more.

Amy said...

i'm glad the miracles accompany the events. i'm also glad you have a daddy to rescue you. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails