Sunday, March 14, 2010

In which I am a walking contradiction...

So, friends, do you remember how I can't even watch first aid training videos without wanting to yak? I do. So does KMJ. When we had an FHE activity where we learned how to do first aid, I couldn't even look at the screen where they were demonstrating how to bandage wounds and stuff. KMJ was supposed to be my partner and she said that she wouldn't have really wanted me around in a crisis because I couldn't watch the training video long enough to learn how to save anyone's life. I told her that was just fine because she knows how to do all of that life saving amazingness and I'm with her a whole lot so the chances of me actually needing to stop heavy bleeding are slim to none. 


Enter the contradiction part of this post. 


I adore Bones. CSI. Law and Order. Grey's Anatomy. War movies. War books.  Do you see how this is a problem? I can't even watch a professional bandage a cut, but if someone is shooting an M16? Yes, please. Sometimes I wonder if there's something biologically wrong with me or if I was dropped on my head as a kid, creating this odd incongruity. 


I'm a freak. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hate the thought of blood. Hate the feeling of loosing blood, the smell, the warmth. All of it. I had to take a first aid class in college. It was wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I really loved my anatomy lab. Playing around with cadavers was great, because there was no blood. We must both be freaks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails