Thursday, December 30, 2010

Remember that one time...

when I woke up and my eyes were swollen shut? I do, because it was this morning. Yup yup. I look like I've been crying my eyes out for days on end. I know what you're thinking. "How delightful! I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to attempt to open my eyes in the morning and have the lids stick together!"
 I assure you it was a lovely feeling. 

Also, remember that one time that I found out that they're going to pull my tonsils out of my throat? I do. It was yesterday. Which was all sorts of fun and exciting. Especially after they told me how much fun it's going to be. Who ever heard of feeling worse 7 days after you have surgery than you did the day after? That's a bunch of junk.

Last but so far from least, remember that one time that I completely passed my math class? There was joy and celebration and all sorts of goodness. It was the best Christmas present that I've ever gotten (okay, maybe not better than Yoda or the purse that Squeegee gave me, but pretty close). 

4 comments:

Baby Sister said...

Congrats on passing your class, that's really exciting.
I hope you feel better soon, and I hope the recovery process isn't as bad as I've heard. ;)

Amy said...

You know how some people you start of liking and then the more things they say the less you like them? You are the opposite of that. I swear the more I "hear" from you the more I fall in love with you. (in a non-creepy stalker-ish weirdo way of course.)

Congrats on math! feel better soon.

Amanda said...

I agree with Amy, I love your posts. Sorry to hear about the yucky tonsil thing, though. :( I've never been more miserable in my life, and that's saying quite a lot considering all the crap I've put my body through. Rest assured though, I'm kind of a wimp, and I was only 12 at the time. I only couldn't swallow my own spit for 2 out of the 7 days after. Yeah, I carried a spitting cup around with me and wanted to die. Lovely I know. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will have a much better experience than I did and be just fine. Promise.

I don't foresee you being kept overnight because you passed out in the bathroom after the surgery...ahem... ;) Seriously though, I think you will be fine. After all, you aren't a 12 year old sissy, and I hear that most other people's experiences weren't quite as dramatic as mine. Lol.

Love ya, I will be thinking about you and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. ♥

Cath said...

Oh no! After getting mine out this year, I can tell you it really is going to be one of the most terrible things you'll ever do, but I promise you'll feel so much better once it's healed. It's just that it will be at least a month before you entirely stop hurting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails