Thursday, March 3, 2011

The end of an era...

Alright. So. Every semester I make a soundtrack for my life. Each of the songs that appears on said soundtrack MUST have some sort of connection to how I feel about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (or as one of my students put it so eloquently last semester, "life, liberty and the right to chill.") Past versions have included everything from "Defying Gravity" from Wicked to "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katy Perry. What can I say? I like to be diverse. There's always one song in particular that's my theme song. Yes. I have a theme song. Yes, you might throw this into the delusions of grandeur category. G'head. Get the judging out of your system, I'll wait... I went and walked around my office just now. Was that enough judging time for you? I hope so. Anyway, for over a year my theme song didn't change, which was unusual. Typically, the theme song changes with the soundtrack, but this one stuck with me. I'll give you a little clip of it.

My favorite version isn't actually Barbara's, but I figured that I'd go for classic. I usually have the Lea Michele version on my soundtrack. Call me trendy if you must, but it has nothing to do with trend and everything to do with the fact that I'm madly in love with her voice; say what you will about Glee, you can't knock that girl's pipes. I could listen to this song just under a jillion times a day and not get sick of it (which is still true) but I've found a song that better describes how I feel about life right now.


Isn't it incredible? Aren't the lyrics fantastic? Trust me, the actual song is better. It's almost as good as listening to her sing it live. Now go, friends. Go and listen to this epicness over and over again. I promise you, it's that good. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

As usual, you are exactly right. And I thank you for sharing such a fabulous song with me! (however, I just youtubed the Lea Michele performance at the Tony's and I did not love it. I almost always love her, but I did not love this. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails